TWU's Center for Women Entrepreneurs is offering a Microgrant program. This program is intended to promote economic development by encouraging and enabling women-owned small businesses to start new projects. Up to 10 business owners will be selected to receive a $5,000 grant each.
Any for-profit business in Texas may apply for the grant as long as it's at least 51% owned by women. The funds may be used for any of the following:
- Purchase of machinery, equipment, or technology.
- Addition or acquisition of new inventory or raw materials.
- Purchase and installation of fixtures or display units.
- Property improvements that will result in additional business.
- Marketing or advertising campaigns.
- Any other business-related activity that CWE deems is aligned with the stated purpose of this program.
Applications close on Friday, October 25, 2019. For more information, click here.