Lillie Knox was an important part of the history and current success of the Women’s Business Council – Southwest (WBCS) and the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). Lillie passed away after a long battle with cancer on November 10, 2003. In 2005, the Lillie Knox Investing for Growth Grant was created by WBCS to honor Lillie for her support of Women Business Enterprises through her commitment, spirit, passion and determination.
Each year at the annual Harvesting Partnerships luncheon, an award of up to $5,000 is presented in Lillie’s memory.
The recipient(s) are certified-WBE member(s) of WBCS who has identified a need in her business that, if met, will support the growth and development of her business. The cash award may fully (or partially) fund this need and may include, but is not limited to, equipment purchase, technical development or upgrade, consulting services, strategic planning, website development, planning or education.
- Recipient(s) must currently be a certified WBCS WBE member(s) for at least two years.
- The award application must be completed by the owner of the certified business
- WBEs who have received a Lillie Knox Grant in the past are ineligible to submit an application for a period of two (2) years following receipt of the award.
- The Selection Committee will determine the recipient(s) and amount of award(s).
- Recipients are announced at the Lillie Knox Memorial Luncheon at Harvesting Partnerships held in November.
- Funds awarded must be invested in the business and a report of their use provided to WBCS in August of the following year.
- Recipient(s) must agree that all information from the application is available for use by WBCS for promoting the awards.
- By submitting an application, you agree to be present at Harvesting Partnerships.
If you have questions, please email Lindsay Pittard or call (817) 299-0566, Ext 207.
If you are interested in supporting the Lillie Knox Investing for Growth Grant, please download and complete the form below.
Make your check payable to WBCS and mail to the address below. If donating via credit card, do not fax or mail your credit card information. Instead, contact Flo Cox at (817) 299-0566, Ext 203.
Women's Business Council - Southwest
2201 North Collins St, Suite 158
Arlington, Texas 76011