The 2019 Parade of Stars Awards Gala is approaching soon and we are excited for the opportunity to recognize our nominees! Today we are taking a look at the WBE Advocate of the Year Award.
What makes someone an advocate for women-owned businesses?
- Going to events and extending invites to less-involved members. A small encouragement by a fellow WBE can make the difference for someone deciding to attend.
- Looking for opportunities to tell someone about the benefits of being certified - a great place to start is our "I'm Certified, Now What?" webinar.
- Seeking out WBE's to do business with, or making business introductions for others.
- Speaking about WBE certification at business and networking events.
- Listening, motivating and celebrating fellow women in business. Who couldn't use a little cheering on?
- Get involved! Within this year's nominees, we have Lillie Knox Winners, Done Deals, board members, committee members, sponsors, and volunteers.
Through these actions and more, the women listed below have proven themselves dedicated to the mission of inspiring, engaging and empowering WBCS-Certified WBEs. Do you know or work with one of the nominees? Head to our LinkedIn or Twitter and say congratulations with #WBCSGalaNom for a chance to win VIP Reception tickets at this years Gala!
Barbie Barta, Business Centric Technology
Billie Bryant Schultz, CESCO
Chanel Christoff Davis, Davis Davis & Harmon LLC
Lynne Malkoff, Lynne Malkoff Promotions
Stephanie Point, Point 2 Point Global Security
Kelly Roberts, Ricochet Fuel Distributors
Patricia Rodriguez Christian, CRC Group Inc.
Silvana Rosero, Laguna Media Group
Molly Sandlin, CAET Project Management Consultants, LLC
Jennifer Schaumburg, Fuse Solutions, Inc.
We also want to give a shout-out to last year's winner- Patti Winstanley! She is the owner of multiple WBEs (she's been certified for 12 years!), was featured in multiple Done Deals in 2018, and was also a recipient of the Women Working Together Award.