The Women's Business Council - Southwest is proud to bring you WBENCPitch presented by FedEx and PepsiCo. This August, we will host a regional pitch round that will serve as a pre-qualifier to the National WBENCPitch Semi-Finals. The top three pitches from the WBCS Pitch Competition will advance to the following rounds:
National Semi-Finals: Week of October 24th | Top 3 Pitches from each RPO | Virtual Format Live on Zoom
National Finals: Week of November 14th | Live Format In-Person at the WBENC Invitation-Only November Event
The application for the WBCS Pitch is now live, and will be open August 1st - 15th with the pitch event happening on August 26th at the WBCS offices. You can apply here!
1. How do I apply?
2. Who can apply?
Any WBE certified through WBCS in good standing is eligible to apply.
3. When is the deadline for the application?
The deadline is Monday, August 15, 11:59 pm CST.
4. Where/When is the competition?
- The Regional qualifier of WBENCPitch for WBCS WBEs will be held on Friday, August 26 at 11:30 am CST at the WBCS headquarters, located in Irving, Texas (and virtually as needed). Pitches are 90 seconds in length.
- The Semi-finals, hosted by WBENC, will be held Monday, October 24, and Tuesday, October 25, from 2:00-4:15 pm EST virtually on Zoom. Pitches are two (2) minutes in length. Participants will also answer questions from the judges’ panel in a live virtual setting.
- The Finals will be held live at the WBENC in-person event the week of November 14, 2022. Pitches in this round are three (3) minutes in length.
5. How many rounds is it?
The competition is three rounds. The Regional qualifier, Semi-finals, and Finals.
6. How many candidates will be selected?
10 applicants will be selected to present their pitch at the Regional qualifier, which will be narrowed down to the top 3 from each RPO, for the Semi- finals, and a group of finalists from all RPOs will be selected to present at the Finals.
7. When will applicants be notified of their selection?
All applicants selected for the first round will be notified by close of business on Friday, August 19. Those applicants selected for the Semi-finals will be notified early October.
8. What are the prizes?
There are 3 cash prizes up for grabs:
- 1st place - $20,000
- 2nd place - $10,000
- 3rd place - $5,000
9. What are some criteria of selection?
- Must be an existing innovative product, service, or business solution that is ready for market or currently in market (not a future idea or endeavor seeking an investment).
- Disruptor in their current market.
- WBE has differentiated their business from standard offerings within their industry.
- Innovative solution that solves a problem in a new/inventive way.
10. Will I be asked questions from the panel, that I will be judged on?
Yes, there will be a live question session after your pitch for the second round.
Past winners for the WBENCPitch: Sustainability Competition.
Grand Prize: Neo Waste https://www.neowaste.com/
Runner Up: Cactus Water Co. https://deserthydrator.com/