If it is time to renew your WBE certification, you can find your recertification application at www.wbenclink.org. It is recommended that you begin the certification process at least 90 days prior to your expiration date. A site visit is required every three years, so please allow additional processing time if a site visit is due.
WBENCLink offers informative Certified WBE Applicant Training sessions to guide you through updating your profile. Select See Our Upcoming Schedule to get more information and register.
Steps for Recertification
1. Log into www.WBENCLink.org with your company's User ID and Password to update your company profile. Once you are logged in, select Manage/Apply for Certification under Key Actions. To start the recertification application, select "Your company is currently certified" and "you would like to renew your certification".
Please update your profile carefully, as the national database will be accessed by WBENC’s Corporate Members for searching potential suppliers and service providers. Once you begin your application, you will have 90 days to submit. If your application is not submitted within 90 days, it will be purged. If you need additional time to complete your application, please contact the WBCS Certification Department for an extension. Please be aware that if your certification expires, your renewed expiration date will have the same month and day as your current expiration date.
2. Gather the required documents to upload to your WBENCLink profile:
- Sworn Affidavit signed by the majority female owner and notarized
- User Agreement
- Complete copy of your most recent filed federal tax return (If an Extension is filed, please provide a copy of your request for extension along with last year’s filed federal tax return.)
- Updated Financial Statements - Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement
- Current Board of Directors & Shareholder Meeting Minutes (required for corporations only)
- Copy of most recent W2’s for all owners, officers, and directors
- Copy of most recently signed lease agreement if lease has been renewed since your last certification
- Resumes/proof of gender and citizenship for any new owners
- If there have been any changes in the structure or ownership, updated documentation must be provided
- Company’s IRS Form 941 for the most recent four quarters or W-3 (required for WOSB, HUB and SBE certification)
Note: If a mandatory document is not applicable, please upload an attachment with a detailed explanation for its absence. If a required document is not applicable, please select the box for "Does Not Apply". Your application will not be processed for review until all documents are accounted for, so please do not upload a partial list of the documents required.
3. Pay the non-refundable certification fee online or by check.
Note: If you choose to pay by check, please forward your check payable to Women’s Business Council – Southwest to our offices in Irving. Your recertification fee is based on a sliding scale determined by the gross annual sales amount. The gross annual sales amount listed on your application must match the gross annual sales amount listed on your company’s most recent federal tax return. The fee schedule listed below:
- Revenue < $1M $350
- Revenue $1M < $5M $500
- Revenue $5M < $10M $750
- Revenue $10M < $50M $1,000
- Revenue $50M+ $1,250
The Company's owner will receive automated e-mail notifications from WBENCLink with status updates when your application is received and processed. Once recertification is complete, she will receive an email with instructions for downloading the renewed certificate.
4. Additional Certifications
As an additional benefit of WBCS membership, eligible businesses are screened and submitted for additional certifications:
- SBA's Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Certification - WOSB certification is for contracting with federal agencies. As you begin your WBE recertification application, you will be asked if you would also like to apply for WOSB certification. You must include an active DUNS Number DUNS Number on your application and your company must be registered in SAM (System for Award Management). If you are having problems with SAM.gov, please contact their Help Desk at 1-866-606-8220. There is no fee for obtaining a DUNS number or SAM registration. The SBA requires that the principal business activity code listed on your company's most recent federal tax return match the primary NAICS code listed on your WBENCLink application. This will be verified during document intake.
- State of Texas' Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Certification - Eligible businesses are submitted in a monthly report to the State Comptroller's office for inclusion in the State of Texas HUB database. Your renewed HUB certificate will be emailed directly from the State Comptroller's office.
- DFW Airport and Dallas County's Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Certification Program - DFW Airport and Dallas County staff will directly source this database for supplier diversity purposes. If your company is indirectly contracting with DFW Airport or Dallas County via a subcontract or you are submitting a bid/proposal to DFW Airport or Dallas County, please request a copy of your SBE certificate from the WBCS Certification Department.
Once your WBE recertification is complete, please allow 30 days for review of these additional certifications. Your WOSB, HUB, and SBE certifications will have the same expiration date as your WBE certification.
Questions about your recertification or online profile should be directed to the Certification Department at Women’s Business Council – Southwest at 817.299.0566.