If it is time to renew your WBE certification, you can find your recertification application at www.wbenclink.org. It is recommended that you begin the certification process at least 90 days prior to your expiration date. A site visit is required every three years, so please allow additional processing time if a site visit is due.
Steps for Recertification
1. Log into www.WBENCLink.org with your company's User ID and Password to update your company profile.
Note: As a result of the migration to the new WBENCLink system and for security purposes, WBENC has asked all WBEs to reset their password when logging in to the new system. You will enter your user ID (email address), then request a password reset, and a temporary password will be emailed to you. Once you log in with the temporary password, you will be asked to create a permanent password. You can then add additional users to your account if necessary. If the email address associated with your WBENCLink Profile is not your current email address, and you no longer have access to the previous email account, please forward an email change request to us from the business owner and we will update the user account email in your Profile.
Please update your profile carefully, as the national database will be accessed by WBENC’s Corporate Members for searching potential suppliers and service providers. Once you begin your application, you will have 90 days to submit. If your application is not submitted within 90 days, it will be purged. If you need additional time to complete your application, please contact the WBCS Certification Department for an extension.
- It is very important that the NAICS codes selected in your profile accurately reflect your primary business services. Your primary NAICS code is described as the primary business activity from which the company generates the majority of its sales receipts. The primary NAICS code should be listed on your most recent federal tax return as your company’s business activity code. You can view the full definition of all NAICS codes in a searchable .pdf format on the U.S. Census Bureau web site. These codes will be verified by the Certification Review Committee relative to your business description.
- The Federal Tax ID listed on your WBENCLink application must match your Employer Identification Number (EIN). Please do not include a Social Security number in this field. If you do not already have a Federal EIN, you can apply for an EIN online at www.irs.gov/businesses or by phone at 800-829-4933. It is recommended that you apply online so that you can print out proof of your EIN to provide to WBCS, rather than waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
2. Gather the required documents to upload to your WBENCLink profile:
- Sworn Affidavit signed by the majority female owner and notarized
- User Agreement
- Complete copy of your most recent filed federal tax return (If an Extension is filed, please provide a copy of your request for extension along with last year’s filed federal tax return.)
- Updated Financial Statements - Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement
- Current Board Meeting Minutes (required for corporations only)
- Copy of most recent W2’s for all owners and officers
- Copy of most recently signed lease agreement if lease has been renewed since your last certification
- Resumes/proof of gender and citizenship for any new owners
- If there have been any changes in the structure or ownership, updated documentation must be provided
- Company’s IRS Form 941 for the most recent four quarters or W-3 (required for WOSB, HUB and SBE certification)
- Copy of the majority female owner’s driver’s license (required for HUB certification)
Note: Incomplete documentation will delay the application process, which is usually completed 60-90 days following the submission of your application and documentation. To avoid delaying your application with an incomplete file, please be sure to account for each item on the required documents list. If a mandatory document is not applicable, please upload a detailed explanation for its absence. Your application packet will not be processed for certification review until all documents are accounted for, so please do not upload a partial list of the documents required.
3. Pay the non-refundable certification fee online or by check.
Note: If you choose to pay by check, please forward your check payable to Women’s Business Council – Southwest to our offices in Arlington. Your recertification fee is based on a sliding scale determined by the Gross Annual Sales amount listed on your WBENClink application. The gross annual sales amount listed on your application must match the gross annual sales amount listed on your company’s most recent federal tax return. The fee schedule for applications received by December 31st is listed below:
- Revenue < $1M $350
- Revenue $1M < $5M $500
- Revenue $5M < $10M $750
- Revenue $10M < $50M $1,000
- Revenue $50M+ $1,250
4. Additional Certifications
As an additional benefit of WBCS membership, eligible businesses are screened and submitted for the SBA’s WOSB federal contracting program, State of Texas’ Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) certification, and DFW Airport’s SBE certification. In order for WBCS to screen your application for these additional certifications, you must include an active DUNS Number on your WBENC application and provide the IRS 941 or W-3 forms listed above. Please visit http://www.sba.gov/content/getting-d-u-n-s-number for instructions on obtaining a DUNS Number at no charge.
Note: Woman-Owned Small Business Certification (WOSB) is for contracting with federal agencies. This is an additional certification and selecting yes or no does not affect your application for WBE certification. As you begin your WBE recertification application, you will be asked if you would also like to apply for WOSB certification.
- Information on the benefits of WOSB certification can be found at http://www.wbenc.org/Government. If you choose to apply for WOSB certification, please complete the WOSB section of your WBENCLink online application and click the Save and Submit button. You must upload a copy of your one-page entity overview showing your active status in SAM (System for Award Management), and copies of your company’s IRS Form 941 for the most recent four quarters or W-3. If you are having problems with SAM.gov, please contact their Help Desk at 1-866-606-8220. If you are not eligible, or are not seeking WOSB certification, you may skip this option and proceed with your WBENC recertification application.
- Information on the State of Texas’ HUB certification program can be found at https://www.comptroller.texas.gov/purchasing/vendor/hub/certification-process.php. Eligible companies that meet all requirements are submitted in a monthly report to the State Comptroller’s office for inclusion in the State of Texas HUB database. Your renewed HUB certificate will be mailed directly from the State Comptroller’s office.
- Information on members who qualify for SBE certification is exported monthly to DFW Airport’s Business Diversity and Development Department. DFW Airport staff will directly source this database for supplier diversity purposes. If your company is indirectly contracting with DFW Airport via a subcontract or you are submitting a bid/proposal to DFW Airport, please request a copy of your SBE certificate from the WBCS Certification Department.
- Please note that your WOSB, HUB, and SBE certifications will have the same expiration date as your WBENC certification.
When your recertification packet has been processed, the Company Owner listed in your company's profile will receive an automated e-mail notification from WBENCLink. Notifications on status updates will continue to be sent as the application is processed and reviewed. You may also log in to your WBENCLink profile at any time to view communications regarding the status of your application.
Once recertification is complete, you will receive an email with instructions for downloading your renewed certificate.
Questions about your recertification or online profile should be directed to the Certification Department at Women’s Business Council – Southwest at 817.299.0566.