What is it?
Toyota offers a 12-month, complimentary mentoring program to help small and diverse-owned businesses grow their business to the next level. Based on the mentee’s business need, the participant is matched with two mentors from Toyota. They will meet once a month at their discretion to discuss growth strategies. The program's focus is on Toyota leaders sharing experiences from a corporate perspective to help the mentee address blind spots and/or development areas within their businesses. And, they know that learning goes both ways when it comes to mentor-mentee relationships!
For the 2023 - 2024 cohort, the program will begin in September 2023. Applications will be open Tuesday, August 15th - Tuesday, August 29th.
Since the inception of the program in 2015, Toyota is proud of the impact it has had in helping 56 small and diverse businesses grow their companies. They are excited to commence the activities to accept applications for the next cohort.
- Match each mentee with two (2) Toyota Mentors
- Have both mentors and mentees make a one-year commitment
- Expect mentees to develop their own goals and expectations of the program
- Meet at least once a month via phone, email or other agreed upon method
- Request monthly feedback from both mentors/mentees on progress
Please note this is not an opportunity to secure a contract with Toyota.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What's in the application?
The application asks you to:
- share your business description
- identify specific areas of your business that may benefit from the insight of a mentor with experience at a large corporation and goals you want to achieve
- submit a link to a 90 second video (filmed via phone) where you share why you're interested in the program, specific goals you have, and your involvement in the community
2. Who can apply?
Any WBE certified through WBCS in good standing. The applicant must be a female owner of the WBE company.
3. When is the deadline for the application?
The deadline is Tuesday, August 29 at 11:59 pm CST.
4. What is expected of me?
- To develop your own goals and expectations of the program
- To commit to one year of meeting monthly with your mentors
5. When will applicants be selected?
All applicants will be informed of status via email by September 8.