The Women's Business Council - Southwest is proud to be a partner in the WBENCPitch Momentum Competition, presented by PepsiCo. On September 26th, we will host a pitch competition in Irving, TX that serves as the first round to the National WBENCPitch Semi-Finals. To be considered for the Regional Qualifier, you will need to submit a video pitch that is 60 seconds in length, focuses on sparking interest in your business, and is filmed on a phone. Professional videography not required. All applicants will be notified of their status by September 7th. Those who advance to the top 10 will pitch live at ISP Creative's video production studio in Irving, TX on Tuesday, September 26th at 9:30am. All top 10 pitchers will receive a professionally produced recording of their pitch to utilize however they'd like.
Applications are now closed.
The top three pitches from the WBCS Regional Qualifier will advance. The other two rounds are:
- National Semi-Finals: November 1st and 2nd | Top 3 Pitches from each RPO | Virtual Format Live on Zoom
- National Finals: November 27th - 29th | Live Format In-Person at the WBENC Invitation-Only November Event
1. How do I apply?
The video pitch application will go live here on Monday, August 14th.
2. Who can apply?
Any WBE certified through WBCS in good standing with an existing product or service that is in market or ready for market is eligible to apply. The applicant must be a female owner of the WBE company.
3. When is the deadline for the application?
The deadline is Thursday, August 31, 11:59 pm CST.
4. Where/When is the competition?
- The Regional Qualifier, hosted by WBCS, will be held on Tuesday, September 26th at 9:30am CST at ISP Creative's video production studio, located in Irving, TX. Pitches are 60 seconds in length and should focus on sparking interest in your business.
- The Semi-Finals, hosted by WBENC, will be held virtually via Zoom on Wednesday, November 1st and Thursday, November 2nd, time TBD. Pitches are two (2) minutes in length and should focus on telling your story in a compelling way.
- The Finals, hosted by WBENC, will be held live at the WBENC in-person event November 27th - 29th, time TBD. Pitches are three (3) minutes in length and should focus on how the prize money will impact the momentum of your business.
5. How many rounds is it?
The competition is three rounds. The Regional Qualifier, Semi-Finals, and Finals.
6. How many candidates will be selected?
10 applicants will be selected to present their pitch at the Regional Qualifier. The top 3 from each Regional Qualifier across the country will advance to the Semi-Finals, and a group of 15 finalists will be selected to present at the Finals.
7. When will applicants be notified of their selection?
All applicants for the Regional Qualifier will be notified of their status by close of business on Thursday, September 7th. The top 10 pitch live at the Regional Qualifier on Tuesday, September 26th. The top 3 who advance to the national Semi-Finals will be announced at the end of the top 10 pitches.
8. What are the prizes?
There are 2 cash prizes up for grabs:
- 1st place - $50,000
- 2nd place - $20,000
9. What are the criteria of selection for the Regional Qualifier?
In their pitch, the applicant must provide a(n):
- Clear, compelling, and impactful business description
- Creative, quick, attention-grabbing opening
- Well-defined problem and corresponding solution
- Easily understood explanation of how the business provides value and stands out from competition
- Memorable closing, leaving the audience with desire for more information about the business
10. How can I best prepare?
- Incorporate the above criteria into your pitch.
- Attend the virtual WBENCPitch Academy Pitch Training 101 prep session, hosted by WBENC, on Thursday, August 10th from 12:00 - 2:00pm EST. Register here.
11, Who are the Regional Qualifier judges?
Many thanks to our steadfast supporters and WBENC Forum representatives:
- Sharon Evans of CFJ Manufacturing
- Kathleen Hunt of Personalized Payroll Services
- Carrie Martinez of Story Doctors Consulting
Past winners for the WBENCPitch: Sustainability Competition: