We are excited to announce the nominees for the 2019 Parade of Stars Awards! The winners will be announced on January 31st at the Parade of Stars Gala at the Omni Dallas. Stay tuned in the upcoming weeks as we take a closer look at the award process and some of this year’s nominees.
The WBE Rising Star Award recognizes a newly-certified WBE who has demonstrated the highest degree of support for and involvement with WBCS as a new WBE member.
- First Signs Graphic Solutions
- HumanKind HR
- MEXZIM Corporation
- Plaid for Women, Inc.
- Texas of All Tech Electric
- The Gabriela Noemi Smith Law Firm, PLLC
The WBE Advocate of the Year Award recognizes a WBE owner or employee who demonstrates extraordinary efforts in inspiring, engaging and empowering WBCS-Certified WBEs. This individual will be recognized and honored for her mentoring, coaching and supporting women-owned businesses.
- Barbie Barta, Business Centric Technology
- Billie Bryant Schultz, CESCO
- Chanel Christoff Davis, Davis Davis & Harmon LLC
- Renee Gilmore, Firemans Paving Contractors
- Donna Hegdahl, The TransSynergy Group
- Lynne Malkoff, Lynne Malkoff Promotions
- Stephanie Point, Point 2 Point Global Security
- Kelly Roberts, Ricochet Fuel Distributors
- Patricia Rodriguez Christian, CRC Group Inc.
- Silvana Rosero, Laguna Media Group
- Molly Sandlin, CAET Project Management Consultants, LLC
- Jennifer Schaumburg, Fuse Solutions, Inc.
The Corporate Advocate of the Year Award recognizes an individual employed by a Sustaining (Corporate) Member who uses innovative approaches for utilizing WBEs within their company, as well as the larger supplier diversity community. This individual contributes significantly to expanding opportunities for WBEs and has demonstrated consistent support for WBCS.
- Moses Aito, NTTA
- Lynn Baker, BNSF Railway
- Stephanie Broughton, Dallas ISD
- Michelle Green-Ford, JPS Health Network
- Grace Hastings, Oncor
- Chuck Hendrix, Toyota
- Heather Herndon Wright, Vistra Energy
- Laura Hurtado, City of Dallas
- Cheryll Jeter, DFW International Airport
- Tamela Lee, DFW International Airport
- Joe Mossinger, Toyota
- Robin Pulford, American Airlines
- Leigh Ann Vernon, BNSF Railway
- Tim Yamada, Toyota
The Buyer of the Year Award recognizes a buyer employed by a Sustaining (Corporate) Member who ensures WBEs are included in bid opportunities in their company’s procurement process and uses innovative approaches to increase
opportunities for WBEs.
- Brandy Adamson, NTTA
- Kelly Bennett, Raytheon
- Kent Brown, City of Dallas
- Antoinette Hein, AT&T
- Daniel Hicks - American Airlines
- Cody Kuhne - American Airlines
- Fernando Martinez, Vistra Energy
- Cherie Moose, City of Dallas
- Gwen Peterson, Tarrant County
- Stephanie Rigg, Texas Instruments
- Adam Seibold, Oncor
- Dimple Trivedi, Vistra Energy
The WBE of the Year Award recognizes three woman-owned businesses that exemplify outstanding business acumen, industry leadership and community service. These WBEs demonstrate a commitment to doing business with fellow WBEs. Three awards will be given in this category; one with annual sales under $5 million, one with annual sales $5 million to $20 million and one with annual sales over $20 million.
- Absolute Facility Solutions
- B&H Office Solutions
- CAET Project Management Consultants
- Demand Lighting
- Firemans Paving Contractors
- Fuse Solutions
- Guaranteed Express
- IS Productions
- Laguna Media Group
- Secure On-Site Shredding
- Anderson Asphalt & Concrete Paving
- Business Centric Technology
- AHI Facility Services
- BuzzBallz/ Southern Champion LLC
- Painters USA
- Point 2 Point Global Security
- Prestige Maintenance USA
The Corporation of the Year Award recognizes a Sustaining (Corporate) Member that consistently demonstrates outstanding commitment to WBCS and the utilization of WBEs through purchasing practices and results. This Sustaining (Corporate) Member is a valued leader in supplier diversity and WBE inclusion throughout the supply chain.
- American Airlines
- City of Dallas
- DFW International Airport
- JPS Health Network
- Texas Instruments
- Vistra Energy