We are excited to announce the nominees for the 2020 Parade of Stars Awards! The winners will be announced on February 4th at the Parade of Stars Awards Gala at the Omni Dallas.
The WBE Rising Star Award recognizes a newly-certified WBE who has demonstrated the highest degree of support for and involvement with WBCS and plans to continue engagement into the future. Eligible WBEs must have received initial certification in 2018.
- Angstrom Energy Solutions
- Big Al’s Smokehouse BBQ
- Career Management Partners (CMP)
- Seaman Group Plastics
- Spaeth Communications
- The Software Vault
The WBE Advocate of the Year Award recognizes a WBE owner or employee who demonstrates extraordinary efforts in inspiring, engaging, and empowering women-owned businesses. This individual will be recognized and honored for her mentoring, coaching, and supporting of women-owned businesses.
- Barbara Ann Allen, Mediators and Arbitrators of America
- Chanel Christoff Davis, Davis Davis & Harmon LLC
- Alison Freeman, AliComm International
- Joleen Goronkin, People & Performance Strategies
- Merrilee Kick, BuzzBallz/ Southern Champion
- Betty Manetta, Argent Associates
- Carrie Martinez, CM Productions, Inc.
- Theresa Motter, Van’s Kitchen
- Jeannie Norris, B&H Office Solutions
- Maryanne Piña-Frodsham, Career Management Partners (CMP)
- Terri Quinton, Q2 Marketing Group
- Silvana Rosero, Laguna Media Group
- Molly Sandlin, CAET Project Management Consultants
- Kim Sissen, CFJ Manufacturing
- Sowmya Sridhar, Xyant Services
- Brittany Stovall, Assured Quality Systems
- Stephanie Teetes, Underground Support Services
- Patti Winstanley, Winstanley Consultants
The Corporate Advocate of the Year Award recognizes an individual employed by a Sustaining (Corporate) Member who encourages the utilization of WBEs within their company, as well as the larger supplier diversity community. This individual contributes significantly to expanding opportunities for WBEs and has demonstrated consistent support for WBCS.
- Moses Aito, North Texas Tollway Authority
- Robert Earley, JPS Health Network
- Robert Flores, Raytheon
- David Gifford-Robinson, Ericsson
- Grace Hastings-Case, Oncor
- Heather Herndon Wright, Vistra Energy
- Laura Hurtado, City of Dallas
- Maisam Ileiwi, JPS Health Network
- Tamela Lee, DFW International Airport
- James McCombs, Ericsson
- Jeff McLaughlin, Texas Instruments
- Greg Obar, University of North Texas System
- Darlene Owens, Dell Technologies
- Kirsten Patel, Toyota
- Marilyn Pinson, Nokia
- Lauren Rudd, Fluor
- Tim Yamada, Toyota
The Buyer of the Year Award recognizes a buyer employed by a Sustaining (Corporate) Member who ensures WBEs are included in bid opportunities in their company’s procurement process and increases opportunities for WBEs.
- Camila Bueso, American Airlines
- Ron Duncan, DFW International Airport
- Lisa Hoover, Raytheon
- Lisa O'Donnell, Toyota
- Mitch Strahlman, Texas Instruments
- Olga Svirskaia, American Airlines
- Joy Tuider, DFW International Airport
The WBE of the Year Award recognizes three women-owned businesses that exemplify outstanding business acumen, industry leadership, and a commitment to doing business with fellow WBEs. Three awards will be given in this category; one with annual sales under $5 million, one with annual sales $5 million to $20 million, and one with annual sales over $20 million.
Under $5 Million in Annual Revenue
- CRC Group
- Firemans Paving Contractors
- Fuse Solutions
- Laguna Media Group
- Personalized Payroll Services
- Q2 Marketing Group
- The Green Chemical Store
$5 to $20 Million in Annual Revenue
- CAET Project Management Consultants
- CESCO, Inc.
- Integrated Human Capital
- Software Professionals, Inc.
- The Rios Group
Over $20 Million in Annual Revenue
- Argent Associates
- Overture Promotions
- Painters USA
- Regal Staffing Services
The Corporation of the Year Award recognizes a Sustaining (Corporate) Member that consistently demonstrates outstanding commitment to WBCS and the utilization of WBEs through purchasing practices and results. This Sustaining (Corporate) Member is a valued leader in supplier diversity and WBE inclusion throughout the supply chain.
- DFW International Airport
- Texas Instruments