Applications Now Open for Capital One SAGE Advice Program
What Is It?
The Capital One SAGE Advice Program is a 6 month development program designed to help 10 Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) owners grow in the areas of financial management, marketing, relationship building, selling to corporations, and strategic planning.
For two days each month from July through November, the cohort of 10 meets virtually via Zoom Meeting to learn from subject matter experts on the above topic areas, work on a one page business plan and one year budget, and brainstorm solutions to each other's juicy (biggest) business challenges. Each of these months, each program participant also meets one-on-one with a Business Resource Partner (BRP) from Capital One who serves as a liaison to connect her with whatever business resources are needed to enable growth. At the graduation session in December, each participant has the opportunity to pitch her business to a panel of corporations for feedback.
The goal of the program is to make each participant a more strategic and confident business owner, connect each participant to other professionals who can help her business, and enable each participant to create a one page business plan and one year budget to keep her on track to accomplishing her goals.
Please note this program is NOT an opportunity to do business with Capital One.
Who Is Eligible?
The program participant must be:
- A WBE owner
- In business for at least 3 years
- Have an annual revenue between $250,000 and $1,000,000 (ideally $500,000 and $1,000,000)
- Available to attend all sessions
What is the Cost?
WBEs will not be required to pay any fees unless they cancel after acceptance or do not successfully complete the course. If a WBE cancels after acceptance or does not successfully complete the course, she will be required to pay $150 to WBCS.
When and What are the Sessions?
Sessions will be held in central time over the following dates in 2023:
- July 19 from 9:00 - 3:30
- July 20 from 9:00 - 1:00
- August 23 from 9:00 - 3:30
- August 24 from 9:00 - 1:00
- September 20 from 9:00 - 3:30
- September 21 from 9:00 - 12:00
- October 11 from 9:00 - 3:30
- October 12 from 9:00 - 12:00
- November 15 from 9:00 - 3:30
- November 16 from 9:00 - 12:00
- December 8 from 9:00 - 12:00
- financial management (access to capital, financial and cash flow statements, budgeting)
- marketing (brand positioning, marketing planning, social media strategy)
- relationship building (finding your advisors, human resources, your A team)
- selling to corporations (contracts & negotiations, presenting to corporations, pitch prep, sales mindset)
- strategic planning (design thinking, one page business plan, one page marketing plan, scaling)
What's Included During the 6 Months?
- Cohort of 9 sister WBEs with whom you network and grow
- Multiple presentations each month on business topics
- Dedicated one-on-one meetings and access to one Business Resource Partner from Capital One who connects you with business resources
- Opportunity to pitch to corporate panel for feedback
Time Commitment Over 6 Months
- 50 hours of scheduled presentations and group discussions
- Your own time to meet one-on-one with your BRP and complete your one page business plan, one year budget, and graduation presentation
How Many Applicants Are Accepted?
How Can I Apply?
When is the Application Deadline?
Applications are due by Friday, June 16, 2023 by 5:00pm CST.
What If I’m Not Available During All Session Times?
Because the session times are already set, please do not apply this year if you are not able to attend all sessions.
When Will I Be Notified?
By Tuesday, June 27, all applicants will be notified via email whether or not they were accepted.
Who is the Ideal Applicant?
The ideal applicant is a WBE owner who meets the eligibility requirements and:
- Would benefit from creating a one page business plan and one year budget to keep her on track to accomplishing goals
- Is looking to grow in these areas - financial management, marketing, relationship building, selling to corporations, and strategic planning
- Is open to discussing her business’s strengths and weaknesses
How Can I Strengthen My Application?
Thoroughly, yet succinctly, share why you would benefit from this program. Provide insight on goals you’ve been attempting to reach, your ideas as to why you haven’t been able to accomplish them, and why you think this program would set you up for success.