Applications Now Open for Capital One Diverse Supplier Mentoring Program
What Is It?
The Capital One Diverse Supplier Mentoring Program is a 6 month development program designed to help Black and Latinx business owners grow in the areas of cash flow, change management, data security, finance, HR, marketing, and legal. This is accomplished through a full day group session featuring networking and presentations, self-paced online educational courses, and monthly one-on-one meetings with a Capital One mentor who helps develop goals for the participating business and strategies to accomplish them.
The 6 month program schedule consists of:
- a full group virtual kick off (date TBD)
- a full group in-person, full day session on Monday, June 13 from 9:00am - 4:30pm in Plano, TX
- self-paced, online educational courses
- monthly meetings with a Capital One mentor (scheduled at a mutually agreed upon time between mentor and mentee)
- graduation ceremony in December (date TBD)
The goal of this program is to develop newer Black and Latinx business owners and help them establish growth goals for their business. Please note this program is NOT an opportunity to do business with Capital One.
Who Is Eligible?
The program participant must be:
- A Black or Latinx business owner
- In business for at least 2 years
- Have an annual revenue less than $1,000,000
- Available to attend the in person session on June 13
- Ready to learn!
What is the Cost?
What are the Topics?
Presentations on June 13:
- accounting and cash flow
- data security
- design thinking
Self-paced educational courses:
- brand and marketing
- change management
- intro to contracts and legal issues
How Many Applicants Are Accepted?
How Can I Apply?
When is the Application Deadline?
Applications are due by Tuesday, May 24, 2022 by 5:00pm CST.
What If I’m Not Available on June 13?
Please do not apply this year if you are not able to attend this session.
When Will I Be Notified?
By May 31, all applicants will be notified via email whether or not they were accepted.